Roc de Chère since Talloires : On the traces of the past
In the footsteps of the monks
What's the castle over there?
What are these marks on the rock?
The golf course: an historic partenership
Searching for the hidden cave
The largest one is Grand Pertuis (see photo), which means crack, narrow passage between rocks. This cave is only accessible by the lake.
Respect the biodiversity of this fragile environment by staying on the tracks.
The castle of Menthon-Saint-Bernard
The remains of a civilization
Three areas of this type have been identified on the lake of Annecy (two at Sévrier and one at St Jorioz). They are part of the 111 pile-dwelling sites found throughout the Alpine arc and listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Walk along the shore through the narrow passage by the lake. You will find an information panel of the nature reserve.
- Take the path on the right which goes up by wooden steps. The beginning is quite steep.
- At the sign “Sous le belvédère”, turn right towards “Belvédère du Roc de Chère”, the path is uphill, pay attention not to follow the path marked with a cross.
- After admiring the view overlooking the Bauges massif and the lake, turn left towards "la patte d'oie" and continue straight on to "Talloires par les Granges".
- Following the markings, walk along the golf course on your right, you will quickly reach the sign "Granges d'Echarvines".
- Take the path on your right which climbs slightly towards the “Belvédère de la Crête” During the climb, after about 10 min, do not miss a first beautiful clear view (beacon)on the right. It is the only place offering a view of the entire Roc de Chère massif. The panorama over the large lake of Annecy, Le Semnoz in front of you, Mont-Veyrier and Parmelan on the right will complete the panoramas you can enjoy from the other belvederes further on. Continue uphill and after a flatter area, you arrive at “Belvédère de la Crête”. A quick round trip (50 m) will offer a panorama of the small lake La Tournette on the left and the Bauges massif in front of you.
- Take the downhill path towards “Belvédère du Roc de Chère”.
- Go back down to the left to the sign "Under the belvedere".
- Turn left again to “Baie de Talloires” and follow a steep path down.
The first slope, quite steep, can be difficult both ways for novice hikers.
Alternate itinerary from Echarvines: follow chemin de Comballe.
You are in a nature reserve, protect this fragile nature.
Always be careful and plan ahead when hiking. Asters, CEN 74 can not be held responsible for the occurrence of an accident or any inconvenience on this itinerary.
On the cycling route Voie Verte for a loop around the lake by bike.
Access and parking
From Faverges: take road RD 1508 to the Doussard roundabout. At the roundabout, follow the direction of Talloires.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: