Les Chalets de Platé since Praz Coutant
As early as the 1920s, the Plateau d'Assy, enjoying pur air and long hours of sunlight, had been chosen to build several spas. The most daring architects were asked to design revolutionary buildings that relied on the sun for the essential care of the patients. Their fame was worldwide.
Evidence of this use was discovered; a fibula, a sort of brooch or pin meant for fastening garments and considered as the ancestor of the safety pin was found on the trail. It is dates back from the High Roman Empire, that spread from 10 to 80 AD!
The mountain refuge of Platé
But be careful not to give yourself up too much to this happiness! Sobriety is essential because water and energy are rare here!
- Take the direction of Chalets de Platé - Refuge de Platé. Beacon 156.
- Stay on the track and head towards Chalets de Platé Refuge de Platé. Beacon 23.
- Stay on the track and head towards Chalets de Platé Refuge de Platé. Beacon 147.
- Take the track on the right. Direction Chalets de Platé Refuge de Platé. Beacon 24.
- Arrival at the Platé refuge. To go back down, take the same way in the opposite direction
Dog on leash recommended.
Bring water with you, there is no pond or spring at the Platé chalets and the refuge does not provide water.
Access and parking
Parking at the entrance with little space at the edge of the road.
Bus line L85 (SAT Mont-Blanc), stop: Praz Coutant.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: